Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I Am An Artist!

"If you hear a voice within you say, 'You are not a painter,' then by all means paint...and that voice will be silenced."
— Vincent van Gogh


I’m 22 years old, just graduated from the University of Virginia (Wahoowa!), and with my brother’s voice in my head exclaiming, “Say it with conviction!”, I declare, “I am an artist!” It hasn’t always been easy to embrace my artistic talent with such confidence though. I’ve always enjoyed art and crafts, but it has taken me a while to finally listen to my heart and pursue my dreams of working in the art field. When I opened my acceptance letter to the University of Virginia an ear-to-ear grin stretched across my face. Sprawled out on the floor in excitement, I considered the blessing of receiving a higher education at such a prestigious university and imagined the bright future ahead of me. My original plan was to major in Chemistry, but after two years of broken beakers, painstaking lab reports, and exposure to toxic fumes, I decided I should follow my passion and major in Art History. So here I am with a quote from Vincent van Gogh saying get rid of those negative thoughts, take the leap, and do what you love. I'm just a girl crafting, painting, and doodling for all the world to view and enjoy. Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment